Winter has already come. If you’re thinking about installing or changing your home furnace, then you should buy it now.
There are a few important factors that homeowners should consider when they’re thinking about furnace brands. It should be bought depending on what the owner values most in a heating unit. Some of these important factors are-
● Energy efficiency. AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) describes the overall energy efficiency of a particular furnace. A Higher AFUE rating indicates greater energy efficiency. The minimum acceptable AFUE rating for a new home furnace is around 80%. The best furnace and AC brands offer up to 98% energy efficiency.
● Quality & Reliability. Quality is one of the most important things that you should definitely consider as you’re investing such huge money. If you are going to buy a furnace now, you should go for the best one. It is wise to check customer feedback of a brand before buying their product. Because not all brands have a good reputation for reliability.
● Warranty. Warranty on particular HVAC units differs from brand to brand. The best furnace brands usually offer a 10-year warranty on parts and a lifetime or 20-year warranty on the heat exchanger.
● Price. The average replacement cost of a furnace ranges from $1,795 to $6,290. If you purchase without installation, the price will be under $1000. Prices of furnaces will vary based on your city, brand, efficiency, and warranty.
There are dozens of furnace brands in the market. It is important to note their efficiency, quality, reliability, offered warranty, and price while buying a product.
Here, we present you with the top 10 best furnace brands in 2021 to help you purchase the right product.
- American Standard: American Standard is one of the best high-tier furnace brands. They are known for having an extremely reliable HVAC system. Depending on the size and AFUE rating, their furnaces can cost from $2,494 to $4,375 to install. Their products usually last for 15-20 years. They have 14 gas furnaces that have AFUE ratings from 80% to 97.3%. Their product quality is top-notch and very reputable. Their products have a low maintenance cost. They sell all types of furnaces including both single-stage and two-stage, large, small, and efficient.
- Lennox: Lennox Furnaces are one of the longest-running American furnace companies. They are a very reliable brand. Their products have multiple price options. They have three different levels of furnaces – Merit, Elite, and the Dave Lennox Signature Collection. From this signature collection, their SLP99V variable-capacity gas furnace is considered the most efficient product on the market. It has a 99% AFUE rating. Some of their products have built-in Power Saver Technology with an energy rating above 96%. Lennox has 23 models; which installation cost can start from $2,300 to $3,895.
- Bryant: Bryant Furnaces are a popular choice among homeowners for their quiet and affordable products. They are great for mid-range price points. They have 13 gas furnace models with AFUE ratings ranging from 80% to 98.3%. These furnaces have a variety of single-stage, two-stage, and modulating configuration. These furnaces have features like consistent airflow and enhanced summer humidity control. Prices for Bryant furnaces can range from $2,300 to $4,300 including installation.
- Rheem: Rheem, founded in 1930, is a popular gas furnace brand. It is the best furnace brand for maintenance. They offer HVAC units with AFUE ratings from 80% to 96%. They have furnaces from budget Classics Series to higher-end Prestige Series. They are the owner of the popular furnace brand Ruud and manufacture their products under this well-known name. Their gas furnaces come with built-in PlusOne Diagnostics. It is an industry-first 7-Segment LED that is used for faster and more accurate diagnostics. Rheem’s propane and natural gas furnaces are best for their easy installation and maintenance, and they are highly recommended for their reliability.
- Trane: Trane is a renowned gas furnace brand that is owned by Trance Technologies. Trane is a successor to American Standard. They offer different products for heating, cooling, and humidifying a space. Alongside gas furnaces, they also offer two oil furnaces. The XV80 oil furnace has a variable-speed fan, which purpose is to adjust speed for providing a consistent flow of warmth. Another one is the XP80, which has a four-speed blower and in-built Trane CleanEffects Air Cleaner that can remove dust, pollen, and other irritants from the air. Both of these oil furnaces have an AFUE rating of 85%, which is really good for these types of products. Their furnaces have a low running cost and a great quality for the price.
- Goodman: Goodman Manufacturing, founded in 1975, is part of Daiken Industries – the world’s largest manufacturer of HVAC products. They offer low-cost furnaces that start at less than $700. Their products have a solid build quality. They offer great warranty programs that the customer can definitely count on. They have 15 furnaces with an AFUE rating of over 90%, and another 13 furnaces with 80% energy efficiency. Goodman is the best-value gas furnaces in the market. If you want to choose from a wide range of quality products with a budget price, Goodman would be a good option for you.
- Carrier: Carrier, owned by United Technology Corp, is one of the top furnace brands rated by customer reports. They offer long-lasting HVAC products with a solid furnace warranty. They require their dealers to be factory trained so that the customers can have the best service. They have products with three price tiers- Infinity, Performance, and Comfort. The premium Infinity series, as the name suggests, is expensive. But it’s totally worth the price as it has an energy efficiency of up to 98.5% with great humidity control. Carrier offers the most reliable furnace installation.
- Ruud: Ruud, owned by Paloma Industries, is one of the most reliable furnace brands in the market. They have been in the heating and cooling industry for over 100 years. Their heating units are long-lasting and of a high standard. Their products are the most eco-friendly, and same maintenance-friendly as sister company Rheem. As they use eco-friendly Ultra-Low NOx technology, their furnaces are known for their low NOx emissions. Ruud’s furnaces have high energy efficiency. They have 23 gas furnaces with an 80-96% AFUE rating. Also, they are very much affordable.
- Heil: Heil is a leading brand in the furnace industry that has been dealing with HVAC products for many years. They have three lines of gas furnaces to choose from, which offer more advanced features, AFUE, and price points from budget-friendly Performance series to standard Quiet Comfort Deluxe to the premium lon series. Their furnaces have smart control of the system, which includes Wi-Fi-enabled remote control. The lon series furnaces have an energy-rating up to 98%, and they have Ultra Low NOx emission. That is why they can be considered the smartest home furnaces in the market.
- Amana: Amana gas furnaces are owned by another renowned brand- Goodman Global. They are known for their durable products. Their furnaces are of great quality and very reliable. Their furnaces are a little bit more expensive than Goodman furnaces. But their quality is good, and they offer a great warranty. The expensive models have an energy efficiency rating of 90%+ AFUE. Their furnaces are quiet. They offer multi-speed and two-stage variable-speed gas furnaces. Overall, it is a good brand to choose if you’re just looking for a gas furnace to get its job done.
Winter is here. Now it’s time to get that warm and cozy feeling throughout your home. Technology has advanced in many ways. That is why today’s gas furnaces are more advanced and efficient than they were in the past. Don’t think any more minutes, go get the perfect furnace now to get more comfortable in this winter!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) About Home Furnace Brands:
- Question: What brand of furnace is the best quality?
Ans: Deciding the best home furnace brand can be confusing. Which brand you are going to prefer depends on many factors like cost, energy efficiency, warranty policy, and overall performance. That’s why choosing the best quality is important. To have more reliable performance you can choose American Standard Furnaces, Amana gas Furnace, Carrier Furnace Units, Daikin Furnace.
- Question: Is a 96 furnace worth the extra money?
Ans: A 96% AFUE gas furnace is one of the most powerful and efficient furnaces in the market. It is highly effective to heat your home more than any other furnaces. So, it is okay to pay some extra dollars for a 96% AFUE gas furnace.
- Can I clean my furnace myself?
Ans: Yes, you can clean your furnace yourself. Regular maintenance of a home furnace does not require any professional cleaning. You can always clean your furnace using a vacuum, blower and brush. You can even wash the parts of your furnace with water and mild soap. But never forget to read the instruction carefully before cleaning.
- What is the best time to buy a furnace?
Ans: Well, the best time to buy a furnace is before you are stuck in the extreme cold. Buy your furnace before winter to protect your family from excessive cold weather.
- How long does a furnace last?
Ans: It depends on some major factors like furnace quality, maintenance, how heavily it is being used, etc. Generally, most furnaces last 16-24 years.