Spiral: From the Book of Saw is a brand-new installment of the horror franchise Saw. It is the ninth installment of the Saw Film Series. This film is also known as Saw 9 or simply Spiral. The film was originally operating under the title ‘The Organ Donor’. Filming began in Toronto under the working title of ‘The Organ Donor’ on July 8, 2019. But the film’s Canadian distribution company, Mongrel Media has named it Spiral: From the Book of Saw. The first Saw movie came to the screen in 2004. From 2004 to 2010 this franchise brought a new film every year for Halloween. Darren Lynn Bousman is the director of this upcoming horror. Spiral: From the Book of Saw is written by Josh Stolberg and Peter Goldfinger. Oren Koules, Mark Burg are producing this movie under the banner of Twisted Pictures.
This film was originally set to land in theatre on May 15, 2020. But now Lionsgate is bringing this film to the theatre on May 21, 2021.
Synopsis of Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021) Movie:
Spiral: From the Book of Saw is the first reboot of this horror franchise where we will see Chris Rock (who also executive produced the movie), Samuel L. Jackson and Max Minghella (The Handmaid’s Tale) together. They will be playing detective Ezekiel “Zeke” Banks (Chris Rock), police veteran Marcus Banks (Samuel L. Jackson) and detective William Schenk (Max Minghella). We will see them investigating a series of gruesome murders that take place in the Jigsaw killer. The casting of Chris Rock is a pleasant surprise for the fans because it is rare to see this comedian in a serious role. This film also remarks on the returning of Darren Lynn Bousman. After getting a mixed reception to Saw 4, this director announced that he was done with the franchise. But Chris Rock has somehow convinced him to helm this upcoming Saw movie.
Spiral: From the Book of Saw is not a direct sequel to Jigsaw. But the events of this film take place in the same time phase as Jigsaw Killer. This film consists of some original characters and plotlines showed in the past Saw films.
Story of Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021) Movie:
We do not know much about the plot yet. The first trailer of this film does not give us much information about how this film is tied up with the prior Saw films. From the very few details we have got, we can guess that this film is not a true reboot of Jigsaw. But the title of this film gives us the hint that Spiral is somehow connected with the past Saw films. All the previous films of the Saw franchise were connected in some ways.
In Saw 2 we saw that John “Jigsaw” Kramer was diagnosed with colon cancer and a brain tumor. And in the third film, we saw him searching for a dirk-minded person to maintain his legacy. However, he died at the end of Saw 3. But he appeared in the subsequent films to carry his insane mission. Almost every movie of this franchise shows us the Jigsaw’s character. We saw him either in flashbacks or we just heard his voice clip. It seems like this upcoming Saw film will introduce us to a new villain as there is no hint about the Jigsaw in the trailer.
Spiral will not be a remake of the previous films and will show us the same thing but the terror will be the same. This time detectives Banks and Schenk are investigating a series of murders. But these murders are somehow linked up with the killer Jigsaw. Near the crime place, the detectives find a spiral logo painted on walls every time a murder takes place. In this film detective, Zeke will find himself in the middle of this murderous game.
The Film’s Content Analysis:
- Cinematography: Jordan Oram is the cinematographer of Spiral: From the Book of Saw.
- Editing: Dev Singh is doing the editing work for this upcoming horror film.
- Art Directing: Greg Chown is the art director of Spiral.
- Directing: Darren Lynn Bousman is back in the director’s chair to helm this film. He hasn’t made a Saw movie since 2007. But he was involved in most of the Saw films. This director previously directed Saw II, Saw III, and Saw IV.
- Writing: The initial story of this film came from Chris Rock. He went to some of the producers of this film with his idea of a new Saw film. Josh Stolberg and Peter Goldfinger have written the screenplay of this film.
- Casting of Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021):
- Morgan David Jones as Officer Barrett
- Ali Johnson as Jeannie Lewis
- Dan Petronijevic as Det. Marv Boswick
- Samuel L. Jackson as Marcus
- Chris Rock as Det. Zeke Banks
- Edie Inksetter as Det. Kraus
- Leila Leigh as Officer Mark
- Max Minghella as William Schenk
- Christopher Tai as Officer Johnson
- John Tokatlidis as Burns
- Genelle Williams as Lisa Banks
- Leonidas Castrounis as Young Boy
- K.C. Collins as Det. Drury
- Marisol Nichols as Capt. Angie Garza
- Nazneen Contractor as Chada
- Frank Licari as Emmerson
- Zoie Palmer as Kara Boswick
- Music: Charlie Clouser is scoring Spiral: From the Book of Saw. This American music composer is famous for his work in the Saw franchise.
- Theme: Saw franchise has always been famous for showing terror with blood and gore. The previous films of this psychological horror had very little humor. It seems like with Chris Rock involved, we will see some dark humor. But this film will not lose its genre showing a lot of humor and comedy. This film will still be ‘Saw.’
Where to Watch Movies:
· Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021) Movie Watch Online: Crackle, Popcornflix, Youtube, Tubi, Yidio, Netflix, IMDb TV, etc.
· Spiral: From the Book of Saw Movie Download: Torrent, Fmovies, WorldFree4U, MovieScrib, XMovies, Archive, P2PGuru, Hotstar, etc.
· Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021) Movie Watch on Theatre: You can also watch Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021) on your nearby Cineplex and Blockbuster. Saw is a hugely successful horror franchise. It has been dominating the horror genre since the release of the first Saw film in 2004. This franchise takes the concept of terror to a whole new level. The original 2004 film was a huge hit, earning $103 million with a budget of $1.2 million. But like most of the film series, this franchise lost its spirit in the last few movies. This series has disappointed its fans with 2010’s seventh movie and 2017’s Jigsaw. So, this franchise needs a remarkable turnback to keep the fans on the edge of their seats just like the previous movies. But the surprising casting of Chris Rock along with the new plotline and a brand-new villain may become the jackpot for this franchise. And, if the movie succeeds in the bandbox, we may have another sequel of Spiral: From the Book of Saw.