There are about three territories and ten provinces in Canada. Yukon is one of those three. All three territories of Canada are in the Northernmost part of that country. The North-Western side is where Yukon falls. These territories are freezing all year long. And we specifically know Yukon for its chilly weather. Still, according to the census of 2016, about 35,874 people are living there. The total area comprises about 4,74,391 square kilometers. Whitehorse is the capital of Yukon. Over 25 thousand people live there.
The rest 10 thousand people live in small towns and villages of that territory. Yukon comprises a lot of mineral resources. These resources are yet to be mined.
The Canadian Government might take a step to extract these resources soon, which can be the reason for these programs and they are thinking to bring people from different professions. Civic facilities are equal all over Canada. You can enjoy all the amenities. Don’t even think that a place so far stretched will have less facility.
Securing Employment in Atlantic Canada through AIPP:
First, you need to receive a job offer from one of the designated employers available. After that, you’ll receive an Offer of Employment to a Foreign National Form IMM 5650.
Please remember that you need to provide and ensure your employer about:
- You need to fulfill all the demands listed on the National Occupational Classification. The job you will be given is not necessarily required to be in the same field you had previously.
- You must check precisely to ensure you are applicable.
- Your signature is required in the offer of employment to a foreign national form (IMM 5650), and keep a copy of your record. . Don’t forget that you will need this form in your future permanent residency application when you apply with a service provider organization.
Why Atlantic Immigration Pilot?
The economy in the Canadian Atlantic provinces is growing and skilled immigrants are getting more opportunities in the labor market. But the job market is competitive and you need to plan, organize your job search efforts accordingly.
To create a resume and cover letter is the initial step of your employment. In Canada, your CV tells employers about your experience, skills, and objectives in that field.
These factors are crucial if we consider the opportunity. Generally, you will attach a cover letter with a CV. In that cover letter, the employer will get information about you and your skills.
The CV must reach into the right people’s hands. You can send your resume through your contacts, job portals, and available networking means. A person can respond to job openings listed online. That falls under common means of applying.
Where Can You Access Information:
You can visit the government website (www.canada.gc.ca) and (www.youkon.ca) and learn the details. There are directions on finding jobs for some towns and cities. The Govt website has opportunities starting with the capital city Yukon, along with six more cities. The rest five include Watson Lake, Dawson City, Haines Junction, Carmacks, and Carcross.
Start of this Program:
The Pilot Program had started in July 2020. It will continue for 3 more years. But because of Covid, anyone is yet to arrive. If this program benefits the government, it will continue further.
Advantages of Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP):
Here the matter of age limit is handled with ease. The Govt didn’t mention anything about the age limit. They have limited education qualifications to HSC only. No score on IELTS is mentioned. But those who have a score in IELTS will get an upper hand. A minimum score of 5 will be perfect.
Notable Disadvantages of Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP):
The candidate must bring the job offer first. A minimum of two offers is mandatory. And these offers should be from the same town. No one from any country (including Bangladesh) would be avail to benefit from this program if he/she has no experience of the job they will ask them to do overseas. Even if HSC is mentioned, a person will have a hard time finding a job if he lacks a degree/diploma.
Of course, it is freezing in this part of the world. In winter, the temperature falls between minus fifty degrees to minus sixty degrees. You need to be mentally prepared to withstand this extreme climate. The 10 states of Canada have a cold climate, but it’s reasonable. But sometimes, the weather becomes very extreme.
Where to Find a Job for Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP):
To find a suitable job in this program you need to visit (https://www.jobbank.gc.ca) this website. When I’m writing this (19 December 2020) I can see over 259 jobs available for capital Whitehorse alone. Starting with House Keeper and Kitchen Helper, there are jobs like Software Technical Support analyst. If you have experience or basic education on any job, you can apply straight away.
There are jobs available for 5 other towns as well. There are jobs on Yukon’s official website(https://www.youkon.ca) too. There were 43 jobs available as of December 19. You have to simply send them a resume. And if they accept your resume, then they would call for an online interview. And finally, if they nominate you, they would send you a job offer.
You Must Have the Following Work Experience:
- You must have at least one year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) work experience in your primary occupation. Skill level (0, A, B, C)
- You completed the activities in the lead statement of the NOC;
- You have done a satisfactory amount of the main duties of the NOC. Including all of the essential duties;
- Your work experience was gathered from paid work (volunteer duties or unpaid internships do not count);
- Your work experience was acquired overseas or in Canada (as long as you were legally allowed to work in Canada as a temporary resident)
The following job offers are necessary:
- from an authorized employer in an Atlantic province,
- full time and non-seasonal,
- skill levels O, A, B, or C
- You must acquire a high-school diploma, post-secondary certificate, or any degree that is acceptable and equal to a Canadian equivalent.
- If you fail to complete your studies in Canada, you’ll need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to prove that your studies are the same as a Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree.
- Your ECA report must be within five years old on the date we receive your application.
CLB 4, or IELTS:
- If you have completed language testing, your test results must be within 2 years on the date your application is received.
Steps to Follow After Getting A Job Offer for Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP):
You can apply for a work visa on the official Canadian Govt’s website( https://www.cic.gc.ca) only after if you’ve ensured at least 2 part-time jobs. Your spouse and children can come along with you. Also, your spouse doesn’t need a job. Provided that you would stay and work there for at least 2 years.
If you move into another province within these 2 years, they will end your work permit. After working for 2 years you can apply for permanent residence. Only after getting a permanent residence, you can shift to another province.
Funds Needed to Settle in Canada:
You must submit proof that you can manage yourself and your family in Canada. Examples of documents you can send are: Current bank statements or certification letter .
Keep in Mind:
This offer is being tried by many people all over the world. This pilot program has no age limit, requires less educational qualifications, and a very low IELTS score. For this reason, you better have the skill for the job they assign you to (Diploma). If anyone offers you scope for a job, consider it fake. In Canada, only the person who applies and appears in an exam are given job offers. That’s why do not pay the person who will deceive you. Candidates need to find their job here.