How many times we had to walk the streets to find our cars because we totally forgot where we parked them? Yes, we all have faced those moments at least once in our life. If you’re looking for a solution to avoid this annoying problem, and save your time, this is the right place for you.
This stressful situation mainly occurs either because we are in an unfamiliar place and do not know how to go back to the parking spot, or because we were absent-minded while parking. So, what can we do to solve this problem? Do we have to take a picture of the parking spot? Or, do we have to wander around beeping our car remote just to find the car? No, in this era of technology, we do not have to do any of these. We can simply install a tool in our phone, and find our car without having any trouble.
Here, we present you some of the top Car Locators that can help you to find your parked car in seconds:
1. Google Maps:
Google Maps allows you to find your parked car easily with three simple steps. All you have to do is connect the phone to the car by Bluetooth. Then turn on your device’s location service and set it for the app to ‘always’. Then, turn on the ‘know where you parked’ option. This will allow Google to monitor your phone’s motion activity. In other words, it can know when you’re in motion (driving), and when you’ve stopped (parked). You can also tap the option ‘save your parking’. By doing this, your parking location will be saved in Google Maps until you remove it. You will also be able to find available parking by using this amazing app.
Parkify is a car locator that automatically detects when you park your car. You can use the Bluetooth connection of your car so that the app can understand your car’s location. If your car has no Bluetooth, it won’t be a problem because this app also uses ‘motion detection’ that can detect every time you step out of the car. This app will also allow you to share your car’s location with others and synchronize the location in case you’re using multiple devices.
3. Find My Car Smarter:
Find my Car Smarter can automatically keep track of your car when you’ve parked it somewhere. It is an iPhone app that combines with Bluetooth 4.0 accessory. All you have to do is just plug in the Find my Car Smarter dongle into a USB port of your car. When you stop the car, the power gets cut off, and the Bluetooth connection allows the app to realize that you’ve parked your car. When you need to find your car again, this app will lead you to the spot. This app also syncs with Dropbox, which allows you to share the location with others.
Waze is mainly used for its direction and traffic updates. It also allows the users to find their parking spot. To use its parking feature all you have to do is simply close the app after you’ve parked, and the app will automatically add a pin to the parking location to the map. When you open the app again, you can see the parking spot and will receive a walking ETA to get there.
5. Find My Car:
Find My Car is a popular car locator app that will use your device’s GPS to save your car’s location in a parking spot. It will also guide you to the exact location of your car. This app is praised by the Sunday Telegraph and Wall Street Journal. If you want a simple, free, and easy app to find your car, this is the right app for you.
6. Find Your Car with AR:
Find Your Car with AR is a car locator app that allows you to see the direction where your car is located. You can see it in the 3D augmented reality view. By using this app, you can find your car even if you park it behind the most remote street corner! The most interesting part of this app is, it works not only for cars but also for anything you want to get back to!
Honk allows the user to find and book parking anytime. It helps you to find your car after it’s parked. This app can use GPS to detect your car’s location. If you don’t want that, you can also write a memo directly in the app, or take a photo or video of your parking spot.
8. Anchor Point:
Anchor Point allows the user to save a location and then directs them to the location using a compass. You just have to tap ‘Add Anchor’, and your location will be saved. The compass will direct you back to the location, the only thing you have to do is – follow the arrow. Its parking feature is best if you are in an unfamiliar place.
9. My Car Locator Free:
My Car Locator is a simple app that can remember your parking location. You just have to press a green button to record the location and press a pink button to find it. This is a free app but it also has a paid pro version.
ParkMe is considered the world’s largest and most accurate parking app. This free and award-winning app will help you to find a parking spot. This app operates in over 123,000 locations, 9,700 cities, and on 7 continents. This app is the most accurate parking app because it is always being updated.
Benefits of Using a Vehicle Tracking System:
Car is not always an asset, people also find emotional attachment with them. It gives social status and personal autonomy. Specially in populated areas, due to lack of public transport, cars become the most important friend to anyone. Some people earn their living by cars. That is why its important to take good care of your vehicles and maintain them in every way possible. But it’s true that vehicles eventually wear out with time and they need maintenance. This problem can be overcome by using a vehicle tracking system.
Here, we are presenting you 5 major benefits of a vehicle tracking system:
1. Improved Road Management: A car location tracker can make your travel smooth and time-saving. It lets you choose shorter routes to your destination. It shows which road is congested or which roads are occupied with construction works. By using a GPS tracker, you can reduce idle time on the road and have more trips.
2. Cost Saving: A GPS tracker lets you have better financial management. As it helps you find out shorter routes to your destination, you don’t need to spend unnecessary time on the road. So, it eventually reduces your fuel consumption and saves your money. Controlling fuel management also protects the earth from air pollution by reducing carbon footprint.
3. Ensures Security and Safety: When you know the real-time location of your vehicle, you can realize whether it is in a safe spot or not. So, a vehicle tracker can help you protect your cars from thieves and other threats. Some of the trackers have an SOS button and the drivers can press it if they are stuck somewhere and need help. Theft prevention is another important feature of trackers that sends alerts and notifications in time of any unusual circumstances.
4. Remote Control: By using a car tracking app, you can shut down your car’s engine even from a distance. Some car security system has a service called ‘Remote Door Lock’ which allows you to lock your car without physical contact. If an intruder tries to break into your car, you can lock the car’s door with this system and no one can open it even from the inside.
5. Quick Emergency Response: These trackers allow you to send an SOS signal if you find yourself in a place where there is no one to help you. Some of the trackers are equipped with MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) sensors and a panic button. A driver can press the panic button in the time of danger. If someone presses the panic button, an alert is sent to two different contacts. One is sent to the nearest police station, and another is sent to an emergency contact. There are also some features to detect accidents like gyroscopes and accelerometers. This system can detect an accident and send automatic alerts to the nearby emergency service.
Not being able to find your car is a stressful as well as a time-consuming thing. This sudden trouble is enough to make your whole day bad. So, do not wait any more minutes, and install a car locator according to your preferences to avoid this problem! These apps are easy to use, inexpensive, and time-saver. Use them, and make your life less – stressful.
GPS Tracker FAQs:
Question 01: Is it illegal to use a GPS tracker?
Ans: It is not illegal to use a GPS tracker on any vehicle or asset you own. If you or your organization own a vehicle, you can obviously use a tracker. But you do not have the legal right to track a vehicle that is not owned by you.
Question 02: Is there a GPS tracker without a monthly fee?
Ans: GPS trackers are important for monitoring your cars and protect them from unauthorized use. Though most GPS tracking devices come with a monthly fee, there are still some trackers with no monthly fee. You can use iTrail GPS Logger, LandAirSea Tracking Key 2, VyncsPro GPs Tracker without having to pay monthly fees.
Question 03: Which is the best GPS tracker?
Ans: GPS tracker is an important tool to track your speed, route and mileage. Onelap Micro, Spark Nano 7, 140-Day Magnetic GPS tracker, TrackPort 4G Vehicle GPS tracker, Sat Track Micro GPS World Trackers are the best options if you are looking for a GPS tracking device.
Question 04: What’s the best GPS tracker for cars?
Ans: GPS tracker is becoming the best friend to car owners for its amazing benefits. GPS trackers not only protect your cars from theft but also help you know the exact location of it. There are some good GPS trackers in the market best for cars such as Linxup OBD GPS Tracker, Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker Bundle, Spytec GL300 Mini GPS Tracker, The Mileage Ace GPS Tracker, etc.
Question 05: Can GPS work without a battery?
Ans: There are some hardwired GPS trackers which do not need a battery to function. Livewire Micro GPS, Plug and Play GPS trackers generate their power from the car’s electrical system.